Ear muffs fit over the ears to protect against potentially harmful sound levels that can cause hearing loss. These safety ear muffs consist of a headband with padded ear cups that seal around the ears to provide hearing protection by dampening surrounding noise. Compared to ear plugs, ear muffs provide a longer life and a more consistent fit for reaching their optimal noise reduction rating (NRR). They're also more visible than ear plugs for confirming that workers are complying with hearing safety rules. Protective ear muffs are ideal for environments with intermittent noise because they can rest around your neck when they're not in use and don't require rolling to reequip. Pair them with ear plugs to improve the NRR by 5 decibels (dB).
Impulse noise protection ear muffs (also called electronic ear muffs) electronically filter out constant, loud noise and short bursts of high-volume noise. These electronic hearing protection ear muffs reduce, or attenuate, loud noises while still allowing you to hear ambient sound. Electronic ear protection is often worn to protect against impulse (or impact) noises such as gunfire or metal stamping, pressing, and forging sounds.
- ItemIndustrial Ear Muffs
- Noise Reduction Rating NRR30dB
- Radio Band TypeNo Radio Band
- Wired Connection Type3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Connection Type - Head ProtectionWired
- Ear Muff StyleOver-the-Head
- Ear Muff TypeRigid
- Ear Muff Cup ColorBlack, Yellow
- Ear Muff Cushion MaterialPolyurethane, PVC
- Band Color - Hearing ProtectionBlack
- Band Material - Hearing ProtectionTextile
- Cable StyleStraight
- Batteries IncludedYes
- Battery SizeAAA
- Number of Batteries2
- Weight0.90 oz.
- SeriesImpact(R) Pro
- Includes3.5mm Cable
- StandardsANSI S3.19-1974, CSA Class AL
- Compatible EarmuffHoneywell Howard Leight(TM) Impact(R) Pro Industrial Earmuff
- Compatible Mfg. Model Number1008000 (Hygiene Kit), 1017210 (Rplc Cable), 1000365 (Cool II absorbant pads).
- Replacement Pad Grainger Part Number3NKZ2, 36G713, 6AV10
- Auxiliary Input3.5mm Jack